Friday, August 15, 2008

free crochet doll patterns

Many people have told me that they would just love to be able to crochet, but they feel it would be too hard for them to learn. If you are just beginning I would recommend a medium weight yarn, a basic four-ply yarn of good quality.

If I were just beginning, the trouble I had with that yarn would have caused me to give up before I got very far. And while most families do not pass along the art of crochet much anymore, there is still merit in this peaceful, beautiful activity. You should begin by holding your crochet hook in your right hand.

Crochet charts and symbols can help clarify written instructions. You can find the patterns at local craft stores or online where pattern sites offer many from which to choose. With all of the help available, learning how to crochet baby blanket gifts is not as difficult as you might think.

A free crochet pattern for an afghan cover is not only a great way to start, but it is also fun. A free crochet pattern for an afghan cover is not only a great way to start, but it is also fun.

No comments: